EFFECTIVE DATE AND UPDATES
"Personal Information" means information or an opinion (including information or an opinion forming part of a database), whether true or not, about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can be reasonably ascertained from the information or opinion. By way of example only, we may collect your name, address, telephone number, facsimile number and/or email address.
We may collect "Personal Information" for one or more of the following reasons:
- the information is required in connection with your use of the Website;
- the information is required to respond to queries you may have regarding any of the activities or services described in the Website;
- the information is required to allow you to access (at your request or designation) certain services or functions of the Website, including our "Contact Us" page;
- the information is required to comply with any legislative requirement imposed on us and/or is required in connection with any legal proceeding involving us whether in relation to you or otherwise;
- for fraud prevention purposes; or
- third-party marketing purposes, only with your express consent.
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may collect Personal Information from you in the following ways:
- person to person;
- from any contract you enter into with us;
- on forms completed by you and submitted to us, including forms on our Website;
- from any correspondence, comments, questions, suggestions or other information you submit to our Website;
- over the telephone;
- via any facsimile, email or other electronic communication you transmit to us; or
- via posts on MainVue Social Properties (as defined in Section 10 below).
We will only collect Personal Information if you choose to provide it to us; however, please be aware that certain Content or other services or functions on the Website may not be available to you if you choose not to provide it.
If you provide your email address to us and request emails regarding our products and services, you will receive emails from us and we will collect your email address and other information that you provide. You may opt-out of the receipt of email communications from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” button in our email communications to you.
NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may also collect de-identified (i.e. non-personal) information automatically from the device you use to access or use the Website. This information is not stored with your Personal Information. For example, we may collect information about the dates and times your device accessed the Website, the domains from where the device visited the Website, your device's activity on the Website and Internet Protocol address(es) of your device. We may use anonymous click stream data, which measures where and how many times and on what Content your device clicks through, to analyze trends and statistics to improve the Website.
We may collect the click stream data or other non-personal information through the use of "cookies". A "cookie" is a text file sent by the Website to your browser and stored on your device. It identifies your device, but not you, to us. You may set your browser to not accept cookies, but some parts of the Website may not function properly or at all if cookies are disabled.
Some pages on and emails created by the Website may also contain a "web beacon". This is a clear-pixel image that generates a de-identified notice of your visit to be sent to us. A web beacon usually works in conjunction with a cookie. If you disable cookies, a web beacon will be able to generate an anonymous notice of your visit, but such notice cannot be associated with information normally contained in the cookies.
EFFECT OF NOT PROVIDING PERSONAL INFORMATION
If we request your Personal Information and you do not provide it to us, or if you provide such information to us anonymously, we may not be able to provide the information or the services you requested.
If you disable cookies in your browser, some parts of the Website may not function properly or at all.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
By accessing and/or using the Website, you consent to us using your Personal Information we collect for any of the following purposes:
- communicating with any necessary party in order to effect an agreement, or in connection with an agreement, entered into by you with us;
- the processing of invoices, bills, and related financial matters necessary for us to provide goods and services including, but without limitation, the disclosure of information to credit agencies and/or service providers;
- notifying you about our new or existing products, services and activities;
- market research in relation to our products and services by any of our related subsidiaries;
- the distribution to you (or any organization, company or group you represent) of educational material and general information relating to us and our charitable and philanthropic activities; and
- analytical monitoring of the Website use.
Only with your express permission, granted for example on our Website, we will share your Personal Information with third-party service providers for such service providers’ marketing and sales purposes.
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important to us. For that reason, the Website, including our "Contact Us" function, is not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under the age of 13, you should not request or provide any information to the Website.
INFORMATION FROM THIRD PARTIES
We may collect or purchase information from third parties, including marketing companies. If you have responded to or interacted with third parties who share your information with us, we collect the information the third party provides to us, including your email address.
COMPLIANCE WITH PRIVACY LAWS
We will comply with any privacy laws applicable to us with respect to your Personal Information, and we will not sell, transfer or share any Personal Information about you to any unaffiliated third party who does not agree to comply with all necessary legal requirements concerning privacy, except as follows:
- Where you have given us express consent in writing or via our Website;
- As may be required of us by law or to protect our legal rights under an agreement or to protect our personal safety or our users personal safety; or
- We may use other individuals or companies to provide certain services on our behalf, such as hosting the Website or providing legal services to us. These entities will be permitted to obtain only the Personal Information they need to deliver the service. They are required to maintain the confidentiality of the information and are prohibited from using it for any other purposes. We may disclose and transfer your personal information to a third party who acquires all or a substantial portion of our business, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation or purchase of all or a substantial portion of our assets. In addition, in the event we become the subject of a bankruptcy proceeding, whether voluntary or involuntary, we or our trustee in bankruptcy may sell, license or otherwise dispose of such information in a transaction approved by the bankruptcy court. You will be notified of sale of all or a substantial portion of our business to a third party via email or through a prominent notice posted on the site.
We take reasonable steps to protect the Personal Information we collect from you against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, destruction, or against access by unauthorized persons. However, we cannot guarantee that those steps will be effective or that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat those measures or use your Personal Information for improper purposes. By using the Website, you acknowledge and accept this risk. In the event of a breach of our information system security that may compromise your personal financial information, we will promptly notify you of such breach at the email address that we have on file for you. We reserve the right to reasonable delay of such notification as may reasonably be necessary as part of any internal investigation or law enforcement efforts related to such breach.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
The Website may contain hyperlinks to websites owned, operated and/or maintained by independent third parties not under the control of or affiliated with us. If you choose to access such third-party websites, please remember those sites may have their own privacy policies. The inclusion of a link on our Website does not imply our endorsement of the linked site by us or any of our affiliates. Please visit those sites to review their privacy policies. We are not responsible for their content or privacy policies or the lack of any privacy policies or practices.
DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS
We do not honor Do Not Track signals or other mechanisms that provide you with the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of information (including your Personal Information) relating to your online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services.
NOTICE OF YOUR RIGHT TO OPT-OUT FROM THE SHARING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES FOR THEIR DIRECT MARKETING
If you have “opted-in” to third-party marketing communications but desire to exercise your option to prevent such third party marketing communications (i.e., “opt-out”), please contact us at email@example.com and include “Opt-Out” in the subject line of the email. We will take commercially reasonable measures to remove your Personal Information from such third party marketing databases and distribution lists.
By opting out in accordance with the above procedures, you will also be opting out from the receipt of future commercial email correspondence from us.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
We, as an employer, in the normal course of business and as required by law, may collect Social Security Numbers. In connection with accepting job applications, we will collect Personal Information from prospective new employees, including his or her Social Security Number. This information is transmitted over a secure connection that implements encryption of the Personal Information being transmitted. In addition to secure connections and encryption for collection, we maintain other reasonable measures to protect and limit access to Social Security Numbers on a need-to-know basis. In addition, we prohibit their unlawful disclosure. We maintain reasonable procedures to destroy, erase, or make unreadable any data, computer files and documents containing Social Security Numbers prior to their disposal. Failure to follow these procedures by any employee may subject the employee to disciplinary action up to and including termination.
USE OF OUR WEBSITE IN OTHER COUNTRIES
This Website may not be available or appropriate for use in other countries. If you choose to access this Website from another country, you do so at your own risk with the understanding that information may be collected from you and stored as a result of your access to this Website while in another country whose privacy laws may be different from, and less protective than, those of this country.
AMENDMENTS AND UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
ACCESS, CORRECTION AND FURTHER INFORMATION
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Information we collect about you is accurate, complete and up to date. However, we rely upon the accuracy, completeness and currency of the Personal Information you supply. Accordingly, if you identify any inaccuracy in your Personal Information, or if you need to make a change or wish to verify such information, please contact us with a request to access your Personal Information with sufficient information to enable us to verify your identity.
We will provide you with access to your Personal Information unless we are required under applicable privacy legislation to refuse to provide you access. We reserve the right to charge a reasonable administrative fee to cover our reasonable costs for providing access to your Personal Information, which we will disclose to you before we charge it to you. Please direct all requests to us using the contact information provided in Section 21 below.
We may be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at (425) 646-4022, or by mail to the following address:
1110-112th Ave NE
Bellevue, WA 98004